Salmon Arm, BC
Mill Tech Industries is an innovative company providing leading-edge, high speed lumber handling equipment to the forest industry.
Based out of our Salmon Arm BC facility, you will receive extensive training in the shop on our mechanical sawmill equipment. This position will be in our shop, but the ability to travel to site and help with the installation of our equipment in the USA, Canada, Australia, and Europe may be required. A good fit for the employee, and for our team here at Mill Tech is especially important to us. For that reason, we are willing to consider an applicant with limited fabrication skills, all the way to a seasoned tradesperson for this position. Below are the minimum requirements, and for the right young applicant we are willing to work with them to progress towards a red seal in steel fabrication.
Job duties would include:
- Work in Salmon Arm as part of the manufacturing team.
- Adhere to company safety standards and maintain an orderly safe work environment.
- Welding and fabrication of steel assemblies & sub-assemblies.
- Operation of overhead crane and forklift.
- Operation of shop tools such as grinders, band saw, drill press, hyd. press, etc.
- Industrial painting using appropriate tools and safety equipment.
- Fabricate items based on manufacturing drawings.
- Able to Lift and/or move 25 – 50 lbs.
- Contribute to the engineering process with prompt concise feedback.
Training & Skill Set:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- At Least 2-3 years of fabrication or welding experience preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Class 5 drivers’ licence is required to operate company vehicles.
- Able to work independently, or as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Math skills, and the ability to read and use fabrication shop measuring tools accurately.
- A methodical approach, with superior attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast passed environment.
- You must have the ability to travel internationally if need be.
- Knowledge of sawmill equipment would be an asset.
- Understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, systems & drives would be an asset.
- Ability to read fabrication & assembly drawings would be an asset.
The position is full time with competitive pay and benefits after passing probation.
Please submit your resume & cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com.