Salmon Arm, BC
Mill Tech Industries is an innovative company providing leading-edge, high speed lumber handling equipment to the forest industry.
Based out of our Salmon Arm BC facility, you will receive extensive training in the shop and in the field on our mechanical sawmill equipment. This position will require 50 – 70% travel and 30 – 50% in shop time depending on the schedule. Our customer base covers the US, Canada, Australia and Europe, so you must have the ability to travel internationally. A willingness to travel to client’s sites and build a close working relationship with our Customers and our own engineering team is a must.
Job duties would include:
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with Mill Tech equipment.
- Carry-out scheduled mechanical service visits.
- Complete preventative maintenance following checklists and train clients on our equipment.
- Fine tune highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems (equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, drives, etc.).
- Extensive travel in North America & Europe.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecards, & expense reports.
- Contribute to the engineering process with prompt concise feedback.
- Communicate with vendors, internal contacts and customers.
- Work in Salmon Arm as part of the manufacturing team when not in the field doing service work.
Training & Skill Set:
- Millwright/Fabricator certification or equivalent experience (would consider an apprentice).
- Knowledge of sawmill equipment would be an asset.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Good understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, systems & drives.
- Ability to read fabrication & assembly drawings.
- Have leadership qualities and enjoy teamwork.
- Be methodical, with superior attention to detail using sound judgment skills.
- Enjoy travel, and able to get away with short notice.
- Interact well with others and know how to get your point across.
- Work well under pressure and enjoy customer contact.
The position is full time with competitive pay and benefits after passing probation.
Please submit your resume & cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.